Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I can't believe it took me so long...


Can it be? Did I finally figure out how to add a picture to my blog? If it worked, this is a picture of my first lace curtain panel... can't wait to see if I succeeded!

I can't believe it took me so long to read an Agatha Christie book! I just finished Murder on the Orient Express. It was great! A few weeks ago my favorite store, Barnes & Noble, had a sale of Agatha Christie books (but 2 get 1 free). I just couldn't resist! I like to read a little in the morning and a little at night, and sometimes I read a lot in the middle of the day when school's out! Of course the housework and the knitting/crocheting/tatting/sewing suffer, but I'm happy!

I finished four repeats of my second lace panel yesterday... only 34 to go! Dave and I are taking a short road trip next week, so I'll have plenty of time to work on it in the car. I'll also take my traditional road trip project... dish cloths!

Denise and I set another challenge for ourselves yesterday. We're planning on attending Stitches Midwest in August. I went last year with my daughter Alison, and we had a wonderful time. Of course we saw people wearing beautiful knitted pieces, so Denise and I want to go wearing something we have knitted. Convention centers can be chilly, so we plan on making ourselves shawls with yarn I purchased at last years convention. We chose the Garter Lace Triangle Shawl from Martha Waterman's Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls. I made this shawl years ago when it was featured in Interweave Knits. It's very simple to do and very pretty when finished!

Yesterday's mail was fun to open... I received my Ring of Tatters newsletter... can't wait to try some of the pieces! I also received some hand dyed thread from Yarnplayer Arts (Marilee Rockley http://yarnplayer.etsy.com). This is my third skein of thread from yarnplayer and it is beautiful! I'm thinking of using it for an Iris Niebach pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh this is VERY nice! Great job! I'm so glad you got the pictures thing down. Looking forward to seeing your shawls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have the picture thing partially down... for some reason I can't get the picture of me to post!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!