Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pieces for my purse...


The other hip of Joanne's jeans is now my purse! I finished sewing the bag on Friday and carried it undecorated to Stitches Midwest on Saturday. It's a great little purse! I've tatted a few pieces with no real idea of where they'll go on the bag. Each of these is done in size 10 Royal, which is a very soft thread. It will be fine for the jeans purse, but I'm not sure I'd like it for a doily... it's too floppy.

The only pattern I followed was for the lace across the top of the pocket... #35 Tatted Edging from Coats Book 1405, Edgings: a Collector's Book. The other pieces just tatted off the tips of my fingers while Dave and I were t.v. shopping. We lost our t.v., VCR, and phone in a thunder storm a little over a week ago. It sure isn't as easy to shop for a t.v. as it used to be!

Joanne is all settled in at Andrea's in Minnesota. I guess she's really staying. She went to the DMV today for a rules of the road book so she can study for her written test. She also has 3 job interviews set up within the next week.

School starts next week. I've been trying to get the library ready, but we're also trying to get a new computer database set up, so I've been sidetracked with helping enter data. I can't believe how quickly the summer has gone by! Last year I had 18 fifth grade students who were interested in learning to tat. I think I'll see if there's any interest with this year's 5th graders!

2 comments:

  1. I like this hip even better! You have done well. I'm afraid I'm not much for unstructured tatting. I have to have a pattern. Now, crochet on the other hand....

    Sounds like your daughter has moved away. I hope she will be happy and you will get used to it.

    A school librarian. I hope that is a rewarding job. I will never forget my grade school librarian. She was tough, and rather scary, but she taught me so much. I hope you can teach some of them to tat.

    My husband just got his dream job on Monday. He had been trying since 1993 to get a full time instructor's position at the local community college and now he has it! He's been teaching high school all the while, but really loved his part-time work at the college level. I am so proud of him! He will be teaching in his field, which is economics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your items.
    Have you considered just not getting a T.V?
    I think T.V. is rubbish and got rid of it a couple years ago and haven't turned back since.
    Keep us posted on you tatting pupils.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!