Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Traditional Cross



I can't believe I finished the second cross for Mom! This is the Traditional Cross pattern from Tatting Patterns by Lyn Morton. Again, this is Yarnplayer's "Golden Glow" size 20. The cross is approximately 4" x 5".

The shuttle is the very first one I bought from Sherry Pence aka LadyShuttleMaker. I don't know if I was the first to buy one of her shuttles, but I was among the first! This shuttle was purchased before the LadyShuttleMaker Etsy shop opened. I bought it when she was only known as the MadMadPotter. I sure am glad Sherry decided to design shuttles!

Update: The scan doesn't look too bad on my Mac, but on my Dell at school it looked awful! So, I came home and took a picture. The photograph shows the true color of the thread, but I haven't taken the time to figure out how to take a really good picture. I want to just point, shoot, and get a perfect picture! You know... instant gratification! Maybe I should check out the photography classes at the junior college,or read the manual!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,

    I love that cross!! Beautifully done! I love lyn morton's work too and I must say that I had been eyeing that pattern too. No chance of me doing it anytime soonbut... you make it look so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, The cross is beautiful and it looks like you are back to your tatting self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo really shows the colour of the thread. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second cross also looks beautiful, Diane. So cute that you set it next to the shuttle that Sherry made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing such a great job. I'm sure your mom is going to be thrilled. You have worked so hard to get back to where you were and further. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cross is beautiful! I love that thread, browns and golds are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, your work is so lovely, as is Sherry's shuttle!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!