Sunday, June 29, 2008

Busy day!

My Saturday morning started out fairly normal. I did sleep in until 6:15. I know that's not sleeping in for many people, but it is for me! I had coffee with Dave before he went to work, and I had my Saturday morning phone call from Mom. Smooth sailing so far! But, as I was talking with Mom I realized how unhappy I was with the ring bearer's pillow I made for Tiffany. So, at 7:20 I started a new one. I was inspired by Melissa's post to do sort of a crazy patch with a rose pattern in the middle. By 9:00 I had a pillow top I liked... except the rose was kind of lost. It needed beading. The center of the rose was beaded by 11:00, but the outer petals of the rose didn't show up. I knew I didn't have time to bead them, but I did have time to embroider an outline stitch... no time to look up how to make a decent outline stitch, so I just started doing my own thing. Luckily, the bride doesn't embroider, so she doesn't know how poor my embroidery is! Embroidery finished by 12:00. Time to finish the pillow! I really should have done something more with the corners, but I didn't finish until 12:20 and I was still in my nightgown, hadn't eaten, and I needed to leave by 1:15! All's well that ends well! I arrived at the shower just in time, and Tiffany loved her gifts!




After the bridal shower, I hurried home, and Carol and I headed to my sister-in-law's house about 50 minutes away. Dave was helping with yard work... Karen has beautiful gardens! ...and we were invited for a cook-out. We laughed, and talked, sang oldies and jingles we remembered, ate delicious food, and got home about 11:00... way past my bedtime! I slept in again this morning... didn't get up until 6:00! ; )

7 comments:

  1. You just blow me away Diane. I would have thrown my hands up in surrender! You did a lovely job and I'm sure the bride was very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift for Tiffany to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooooo SO pretty! I'm sure she loved it, did you get to see her open the gift?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I didn't think there was anything wrong with the other bridal pillow, but this one is magnificent! It is just beautiful. I can see Melissa's influence. I love how the beautiful machine made lace looks a bit like tatting with the cloverleaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillow! You didn't even need to do anything with the corners. I'm sure the bride didn't even notice what you see as flaws. She just saw a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're awesome Diane! To start a new pillow and finish it that morning, that's just awesome!!

    The pillow is BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure it will be a treasured heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane,

    Your ring bearer's pillow is simply stunning! Beautiful work! I am sure that it will become a treasured heirloom.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!