Monday, July 28, 2008

Blue on blue...


Oh, wait! That's such a sad song, and I'm far from being sad! I leave for Alabama tomorrow... two weeks with my beautiful, talented mother! Bonus... Tattycat and I will get to meet each other in person! Whoo hoo! Last September I got to meet Yarnplayer at the Harvest Festival. What fun it is to get to meet online tatting buddies in person!

I know I said "Eleonora" was calling to me (in Pamela's "Apple Blossom"), but "Pensacola Beach" kept telling me that since I was headed south, I really needed to use southern-inspired thread. So, I started my second "Beatrice" in "Pensacola Beach" last night. Of course, the shuttle I wanted to use still had some thread on it, so I used it on my favorite single shuttle pattern, "Leaf Braid" from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. Then, I changed my mind and decided to use my new shuttle from Grizzly Mountain Arts! I can be so fickle!

So, my tatting bags are almost packed... HDT in silk and cotton for 6 crosses, supplies for "Eleonora" and "Beatrice", supplies for bookmarks, picot gauge, scissors, patterns... I hope I'm not forgetting anything! Now, I guess I'd better look into packing clothes for the trip...

9 comments:

  1. Oh, heck, I fear the worse!! You and Laura together. YIKES!!! Do give my online Romeo (AKA Bill) a humungous big hug and thank him for looking after Laura from me and for us all.
    X JaneEb
    PS have really good fun you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! That gorgeous blue thread matches your shuttle!

    Have a wonderful time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, your posts always make me smile!

    Sounds like you should have a bunch of things to show us when you get back from your mother's, maybe you can share pictures of some of her handy work too. Be sure and greet your mother for me.

    And Tattycat too! How fun for both of you. Don't forget your camera.

    Travel Safe and Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, LUCKY LUCKY TattyCat and LUCKY LUCKY you! To meet each other; what a fun thing! I can't wait to hear about it from both of you. Give Laura a big fat hug from me, okay? She's such a sweetie! The tatting in your pic is also beautiful, but I am so envious of your getting to meet Laura! Have fun, fun, fun!
    ((hugs)),
    TattingChic
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, my, do I feel special? YES! I am so excited too. Never fear Jane. Diane and I will have her mum to keep us in line. Now if you and I were ever to get together, look out! I'm not sure the world is ready for that. I am so happy you are going to spend time with your mom and that I will get to meet both of you. Hooray! I'll be expecting those hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky You! I hope you have a great time!

    http://www.tattedlacetreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am probably too late but do have a great holiday and enjoy meeting a tatting friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you made it safe and sound. Uneventful trips are the best sort. Yes, make sure to keep us posted and take lots of pictures!

    Say hi to your mom for me and Lala too!

    P.S. No hurry at all but just to let you know your special listing is up (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great color choices! I love the blue on blue and even the pinks. . . especially on top of the black background. You do lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!