Friday, August 8, 2008

Lunch and tatting with Tattycat!

Mom and I met Tattycat (Laura) for lunch at Jesse's in Magnolia Springs today... we had a wonderful time!


Laura tatted beautiful button hearts for Mom and me out of some of Sherry's beautiful thread!


After lunch, Laura invited us back to her house for some tatting time! Mom worked on the crocheted afghan we're making for the fundraiser at the Village...


and visited with Bill (eat your heart out Jane!)...


while Laura and I checked out each other's tatting stashes! Laura was given a directive from Sherry to teach me how to tat a split ring. Laura is a wonderful teacher! It was a little awkward for me... I was a bit fumble-fingered, but...


I did it! Not only did Laura teach me the split ring, she also taught me how to join split rings, and how to make a one-shuttle split ring! Now all I have to do is practice, practice, practice!


Unfortunately, our time together did have to come to an end. Bill kindly agreed to be our designated photographer and took several pictures with Laura's camera and mine!



I wish all of you who have become our friends in Tatland could have been with us. We had a wonderful time!

14 comments:

  1. Oooo .... looks like you all had a great time. Wish I had been there too.
    Most of the time the easiest way to learn a new technique is to see in person how it is done. Well done on conquering the split rings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing your visit with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! You are all so beautiful together! What a happy time. I am sooooo glad you learned split rings! (Thanks Lala) Whoo hoo! There will be no stopping you now!
    Happy happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, having now seen Bill (thanks, Diane!) I'm even more besotted. What a lovely cuddly man. Big hugs, Bill.
    Oh, the tatting bit sounds fun too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, it looks like you girls had a good time together. Like the others, I wish I'd have been there too. I know split rings, but never knew there was such a thing as a one shuttle split ring, I've so much to learn. Don't forget to practice, practice, practice, it maybe you teaching me one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a tatting lesson from tattycat!!! Wow!!!
    Thanks for showing those great photos - almost like being there too. Congratulations on learning the split ring! Have fun practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gals are having so much fun! What a riot! So glad you got to learn in person a new tatting technique! What a lovely memories you all are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures look good Diane. Glad you used on the "approved" ones. And, not one comment about us having too much to drink at lunch! LOL I had a wonderful time and wish it could have lasted much longer. I will be posting pictures and telling stories as soon as I get a chance.
    I'm so glad you liked Bill's picture Jane. I'm sorry, but you still have to admire him from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way, Diane was a very fast learner on the split rings. If her hand was back to 100% from the break, she would be faster than me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! you two look wonderful. (Bill too!!)
    It must have been amazing to meet each other.
    All thanks to tatting and the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so envious, it looks like a dream day, (including too much to drink at lunchtime!) I would have loved to have been there.
    I have met some of my online friends and it is so strange the way one gets on instantly from the moment you meet...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful summer vacation memories you are making! It sounds like the best of the best!
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great to see so many comments about our day. We had a great time and wish it could have lasted much longer! We didn't have anything to drink but tea, I promise!!! We were high on fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is great to see so many comments about our day, Laura! Maybe some day we'll all get to tat together!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!