Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Picture frame?


I haven't had much time to tat or do any other type of needlework since school started a week ago, but I try to set aside a little time each day. I've started "Eleonora" by Iris Niebach, but I haven't had enough brain power to concentrate on it. I think I need to borrow one of Jane's brain cells!

Anyway, I decided something nice and easy was in order, so I decided to tat Design 1 from Tatting: 60 Original Lace Treasures by Christel Weidmann. I love the way it turned out! It's a shuttle only pattern, and I used one Clover shuttle full of size 20 Berry Parfait hdt from LadyShuttleMaker. It's about 3" across with a 1" opening. I think it would make a lovely little picture frame with my granddaughter's smiling face peeking through the lace. I guess that means I'll have to make three... one each for Eva, Lily, and the new baby due any time now!

Oops! I spy a missing picot! Wait! It's not missing... I joined in the wrong spot! Oh, well! It's going to have to stay the way it is. Maybe that blind man on the galloping horse will never know the difference! ; )

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a picture frame! I'd think your grandkids would look adorable peeking through that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Lily's picture would go great with her blond hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Believe me, most of us that admire tatting and don't do it won't know where your mistake is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you can adjust the number of stitches or the number of rings, so that you can have different sizes for different photos - some bigger, some smaller. Would look great for scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a rich and deeply colored thread! Lovely!
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!