Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Keeping up with Jon


After seeing Jon's progress with the Primrose Path doily, I thought I should show how far I've progressed with my second one. I'm amazed at how much more I can accomplish when I'm home (we're on spring break this week). I really like the green section, and I definitely see the value of paying attention to where color changes take place in the motifs. For some reason, this doily is not lying as flat as the first one did. I'm guessing that it has to do with the tension of my stitches. Thank goodness for blocking boards!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like the green =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the green would be gorgeous! It is looking good!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh, is this going to be a competition? :)

    I like the green too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green makes it stand out and it looks really Springy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, this is so gorgeous Diane! I love the blues and that green together! The design is just beautiful! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, your doily is beautiful. I really like your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sheen of your thread. It makes all your stitches so perfect-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look pretty with the Green and blue. With me it's "Thank goodness for Irons and pressing cloths, LOL! ;)
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get nervous with variegated thread colors....I shouldn't after seeing how you put them together.
    Yes, tension has lots to do with that....it happens when I crochet two doilies....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly an interesting doily pattern. Your first piece is striking, this current piece looks like from the garden with the lovely green.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous! So beautiful! Very pretty! Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours match beuatifully. What a pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!