Sunday, September 19, 2010

More shuttle shapes


I really like being able to take my photos in daylight. They turn out so much better!

Yes, I'm still tatting shuttle shapes. This time I tried adding a picot to each end of Stumpy by Kersti Anear. I was trying to give more of a shuttle look to the pattern, but I don't think I achieved my goal. The thread is Altin Basak size 50, color #3005. The finished size is 3 1/8" x 1 1/2".

The bottom shuttle shapes are a pattern by Anne Bruvold, designed specifically for Chris Hinton's new epoxy shuttles (there's a poll going on to choose a name for these shuttles). The thread is Lizbeth size 20, color #661 (the darker color) and #660 (the lighter color. The finished size is 2 1/2" x 1 1/8".

12 comments:

  1. I really like your shuttle shapes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great!

    Unfortunately, I don't do split rings or any of that stuff, so I will have to find something else to make for my shuttles. I am really enthused about getting shuttles that include my own tatting- what a FANTASTIC idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fancy stuff here, LadyDoc! Both of these patterns are simple rings and chains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your shuttle shapes are fantastic. I'm off to find out about the epoxy shuttles now ---

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now I checked out the page w/info --- that is just so kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great! I haven't even gotten started on the shuttle shape I want to use yet. The shuttles are cool - it looks like you will be making a few!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is so nice. Your stitches are so regular and tight, I can only dream of working like that. Last year I made the same snowflake as on your previous post, but I really do not want to compare them... And please, not too much snow for us coming winter, we are just not used to it!! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are cute. And you have such good taste in colour :)

    The shuttles remind me of leaves (I'm always on the hunt for leaf patterns......)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diane,

    I love the stumpy shuttle-shape, and the colors are great!! That would look lovely in a Tattinlay Shuttle ;-)

    BTW, I received the hook from your giveaway - thanks so much!! It's so cool and works nice for making joins. I've never seen this brand before. I've only ever used: Boye, Susan Bates, and Macusa

    Ah, a new wonder tool to add to my collection ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pattern that Anne has created, and your version is a great advert for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shuttle tatting and the colours that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello diane. how r u? nice shuttle shapes and the colour is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!