Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's the little things that count!

Like an unexpected gift from a friend...


Thank you, Fox! I now have a beautiful new shuttle to add to my collection... and, no, I did not have one of these! I love the motif with clunies... inspiration is now close at hand. The buttons are adorable! I'm sure I'll find the perfect use for them!

Or indulging in luxuries!


Thank you for providing such wonderful, inspirational hand-dyed threads, Marilee!



Shirl, I love these up-cycled vinyl record shuttles, and now I'm the lucky owner of a matched pair!

And then, there's always that special eBay purchase!


I know I read about this book online, but I don't remember where or when. The price was right, so I bought it... just because it's blue, and because the little girl on the front reminds me of how little girls looked when I was that age. Today (and most days) I'm feeling like life is pretty good!

6 comments:

  1. Love the handdyed thread, very pretty. I hate to say this but I have that book. Except my copy is almost 30 years old. When Grandma died I got her tatting stuff and that book was in the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a copy of that book and posted about it as I was quite intrigued by the author who was also a tatting teacher. Wondered what had happened to her as I've not heard the name around. Haven't tatted from it yet......story of my life!

    I wanted to get one of those vinyl record shuttles but will have to wait until next month's paycheck and hope one is still available. Lucky you! Actually, would almost rather one was made from one of my favorite old 45's! Maybe I'll ask if they are all gone then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new shuttles and the threads are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doncha just love it when good things come in the mail? The vinyl record shuttles are so cool looking . . . but I spent more than I can afford on Shuttle Shop shuttles this month!! (Can't wait to see them!)

    Marilee's threads are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your tatting goodies - lucky you! I could go broke with all the cool shuttles and beautiful threads out there.

    I inherited that book - I chuckle at that little girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little girl. It could be you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!