Thursday, August 11, 2011

Queen size!


I just finished the quilt top for my queen size bed... literally, just finished... about 15 minutes ago! Daughter Joanne came down to visit again this week, and with her encouragement, I've been putting in time on my quilt top. That's Joanne behind the quilt. Isn't she adorable? ; )

I liked the fabric when I bought it, but now that the top is finished, I LOVE it! Since school is starting very soon (the 22nd), I know I won't have time to quilt it before winter. I'd have to give up tatting, and that just isn't going to happen. So, I'm going to take this to my local quilt shop (40 minutes away is about as local as I can get), and I'm going to have it machine quilted.

I wonder what colors I should use in my next quilt?

12 comments:

  1. Lovely picture of Joanne!!! I love the quilt too and totally agree with the decision to not quilt it yourself!!! For goodness sakes - don't EVER cut down on tatting time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's blue!! Your favourite colour. This reminds me that I need to start a quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. robin's egg blue and royal blue.

    Blue. You know you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to have this quilt finished. A goo decision to have someone else do the machine quilting. School is so soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane,

    Wow, that is beautiful. I've made several quilts myself, but not queen size yet. Maybe someday...

    What kind of quilting are you going to do? Overall or individual motifs in each block?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane your quilt is amazingly beautiful, and your daughter is more beautiful than the quilt...LOL come out come out where ever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt puts me to shame. I've got to get to work on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture of your daughter, the quilt look beautiful and I am sure when you have finished quilting it, it will look beautiful on your bed, then you can curl up in it and tat.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking quilt top. Give up tatting to quilt it - let's hope not! I'm glad you found someone able to do it for you. And a big 'thank you' to your daughter for modeling it for you ;) Margaret has nice idea for you - resting on it and tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed with all the items you've made this summer and all your fun travel adventures, too!

    I'm quite relieved you're having this lovely Queen bedspread quilted! (I admire those who can use those machines. Although I do enjoy hand quilting, it's a daunting task and seems endless.) You had fun putting this together, and you'll enjoy the use of it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are quilting while I have NOT been tatting at all.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!