Sunday, February 5, 2012

Averting disaster

Don't look too closely.


Oh, go ahead. Take a peek.

You'd think with all the Spinning Wheel glass mats I've tatted that I'd know how to finish one off!


Well, I goofed. I joined the last chain the the wrong ring, and I didn't notice until I'd hidden the ends and cut the threads. So, I had to cut off the last ring and chain and re-tat. Not a big deal, but I'll be sure to remember next time!


I know it's mostly hidden now, but it's exactly what I needed. I gave away several of my Spinning Wheel glass mats when my youngest daughter's father-in-law was visiting. I think it's appropriate that this Spinning Wheel be in this drawer. These are some of my ceramic shuttles from LadyShuttleMaker. The thread used in this glass mat is LadyShuttleMaker's Americana. I LOVE hand-dyed thread!

Pattern: Spinning Wheel glass mat from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior
Thread: size 20 "Americana" from LadyShuttleMaker
Ceramic shuttles by LadyShuttleMaker

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful - and colorful! - display! The mat is perfect under the shuttles. Looks perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Some" of your shuttles??......I have "some" tatting books - and I will stop feeling guilty about them immediately!
    But if the shuttles are in a drawer, then you can't see them! - and the lovely glass mat will be hidden away too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking recently that you hadn't tatted one of these for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was a gorgeous display case! Your mat and wonderful shuttles look beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensational shuttles! Delightful display.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful display of shuttles. I really would love to see your whole collection. I bet it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great glass mat!! I love how the red seems to "frame" it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never attempt the tatting that you do! And I love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Es precioso, pero que rabia cuando nos equivocamos al final , bueno al menos tuvo buena soluciĆ³n.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What a mouthwatering lot of ceramic shuttles! And a hidden spinning wheel mat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely way to display your shuttles...some of them I should say. Your tatting is always so beautiful. Happy tatting...

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!