Monday, February 27, 2012

Norma Benporath Edging #3


When Jon first posted about Norma Benporath's edgings, I really didn't think I'd try tatting them. However, after seeing Jon's samples, I decided to give it a go, and I'm glad I did!

The 4" cotton center is from Handy Hands. The thread is Yarnplayer's "Forest" in size 20, a gift from Sue Anna. I chose to sew the edging on after tatting, a good choice for this pattern. I'm not sure the repeats would have turned out correctly if I had joined the tatting directly to the fabric. If I decide to make another, I think I'll do one more pattern repeat to give a little more ease.

Now, where should I use this beautiful new piece?

17 comments:

  1. Love the colour of that thread!! I think my Irish is showing?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Diane! Very nicely done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautifully! Any small object could be royally displayed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool piece! Like Kelly,I love the green.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. So glad you tatted it. Happy tatting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Good choice of thread colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. On my coffee table would be a perfect spot! lol
    Seriously anywhere would work. Better under glass to keep it safe and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! What beautiful tatting ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, now I know who to pester about how to get that "round" right -- I've got two of those doily centers -- had 'em for years! It turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!