Monday, July 2, 2012

Playing with HWT


When I posted about my latest Spinning Wheel the other day, Jane suggested I try one in HWT... great idea! However, I didn't want to commit to that large a piece without doing a trial first. So... Stumpy to the rescue! I used three strands of Sulky Blendables, so smooth and easy to tat.

It's really very pretty in person, but it just doesn't show up well under the Ott Lite...


or in daylight. Oh, well... the test run was a success, and I think I will try a Spinning Wheel in HWT. Thanks for the idea, Jane!

Hmmm... can you tell it's a little bit humid outside? Just look at the way that Stumpy is curling. Looks like a trip to the blocking board is in order!

5 comments:

  1. I was searching through my threads t'other day for some more HWT and found some Sulky which I'd bought years ago. I've used that before in HWT and it's really pretty. I think HWT scans better than taking photos. Well, it does for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite pretty!! :)
    Can't wait to see the glass mat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo in the sunlight looks good to me. However, there is a way to opt out of "Lightbox", and go back to the 'old way' of allowing photos to enlarge. Miranda gave us the 'secret'!

    Is is difficult to wind three threads evenly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! I can't even get one strand to behave and you are using three! This will be so beautiful. Happy and Safe Fourth of July...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours, I think the daylight photo gives more idea of the colours, well done on tatting three strands.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!