Thursday, August 2, 2012

for Joanne, round 2


I do love Nancy Tracy's directions! They are so easy to follow. The pattern is Mom's Pink Doily, but mine is obviously green, and since my mom fell in love with the blue doily, this one is for daughter Joanne.


I still like my interpretation for Miranda's "Tat This!" challenge. Looking at my progress so far, I think mine is different enough that I'll just enjoy the fact that I was able to tat something with absolutely no directions... quite an accomplishment for me!

9 comments:

  1. Looking at both side by side, I too like your interpretation. I think it is more pleasing with the distinctive empty spaces in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green thread, may have to try the big Mums Pink Doily in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I thought it was almost a shame that the instructions had come to light! Yours is now an original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane! Every time I visit here I'm just in awe of your beautiful work! These are both so, so pretty. I'd be afraid to ever use any of your doilies...as doilies! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your starting with the ten rings definitely helped the third row become more compact, without having to do the long picots on the large outer rings So the blue one does have its own unique look! It will be interesting to see the two side by side!

    I still can't get over how this saga evolved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Son muy bellos los dos colores pero me gusta más el azul.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The green is looking good so far, well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are beautiful...however the blue one seems much more intricate. Congratulations on tatting from an online photo of a fabric motif. Amazing! Terrific Tatting...

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!