Monday, August 20, 2012

Taking the easy way out


I wasn't in the mood to fiddle around yesterday. I just wanted to tat, and I figured I should work on my Doodad Double Dare. Never ask someone to do something you're not willing to do yourself! So, I chose to start with Fox's Athalia in size 20 Lizbeth #166, Pink Cocoa. This is a great beginner pattern!

I know Fox recommended size 40, but this doodad is really heavy compared to some of the others that are set to mail out. I wasn't sure the size 40 could handle the weight. Luckily, the pattern still works well. Sorry, no beads. I'm just not that brave yet! ;-)

Since Jane reminded me that many of her patterns have included doodads, I think I'll explore her patterns when I get home from school this afternoon. I have a feeling I may be conquering split rings and/or beads in the near future!

Diane's Doodad Double Dare update: 24 tatters have decided to join in the fun! I really underestimated the number of doodads I have, so please feel free to ask for a pair of doodads. I'll leave the offer open until this Saturday. Just email your snail mail info to me at Diane Cademartori at gmail dot com.

5 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful pattern with the pink cocoa -- I found that pattern yesterday.

    looking forward to the challenge

    enjoy your "back-to-school" shuffle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tatting with doodads is really creative and fun. I had to go back and follow the posts I missed. Well done dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That motif is beautiful, and the thread colour is lovely.
    I have not had time to try the pattern but I am looking forward to the challenge.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your motif is really beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee! I love what you are tatting and I love that you have the doodad challenge up and running! I am impressed on both counts!

    Pretty colours and the #20 looks very well!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!