Friday, August 17, 2012

Too much coordination?


It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while I'm able to coordinate everything I need for a tatting project... Origami pouch, Starlit shuttles, 4-Eva HDT thread from Jess. Too much coordination? I think not!

As you can see, I didn't get very far on my Spinning Wheel glass mat yesterday. I went into school yesterday for about four hours to set up lesson plans and pull books from the shelves for the first week of school. I was enjoying myself so much, that I didn't realize how long I'd been there! I really love going back to school. :-)

Today, I'll be going in to remove old files from the computers in the lab. Monday, when we get class lists, I'll set up the computers with new files for each class, and I'll set up my gradebooks. It does seem like a lot of busy work, but going through these procedures helps me get used to my schedule and learn the names of new students before school actually starts. For some reason, this gets a little harder to do each year!

Yes, school is going to put a serious dent in my tatting time, but somehow, I'll survive!

7 comments:

  1. What a great post! It's so nice to hear a teacher excited to go back. You will have a fantastic year, I'm sure!
    Plus that coordination is wonderful-you'll give old' Martha Stewart a run for her money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love going into school too before term started. Armed with paint brush and paint I'd start with re-painting the play house and then I'd move furniture around too before starting on setting up my record keeping books.
    Beautifully coordinated tatting and accessories - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck in the new school year! And your tatting ensemble looks lovely : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting seeing how the HDT seems to almost match your bag! :)
    Can't wait to see the finished glass mat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look lovely together. Just seeing that before you start would put a person in a good mood and make you eager to get with it!
    I'm glad you're still excited for the school year to start. Life is so much better when you love your job:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never too much coordination...this is super fun. Your back to school enthusiasm will definitely carry over to the kids and help them adjust. You are very special and thank you for wanting to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not too much coordination!!! and, then the awesome blinged shuttles, too.

    It is fun to tat and fun to have 'toys' with tatting ; )

    You are such a generous person, I appreciate your sharing, you are a continuous inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!