Saturday, November 10, 2012

Another Doodad Double Dare Entry

Monica finished her Doodad Double Dare, and her finished pieces are gorgeous! Please hop on over, take a peek, and leave a comment!


Today I spent time tatting a cross for my friend Chris's mother-in-law, whose husband passed away this past week, a mere six weeks after going through open heart surgery. Chris chose yellow for her mother-in-law.

This is some Lily thread that I've had for quite some time... the price sticker says 60 cents! There's no size on the label. I'm guessing it's size 70 or 80. The pattern is "Christina" from Tatted Bookmarks ~ Cross-Shaped by Lene Bjorn.


Imagine my delight when I opened my mail today! My friend Carol sent me some doodads! Thank you, Carol!

Sue found some wonderful little doodads at her local Hobby Lobby and shared some with us at our last Tollway Tatters meeting. If you go to her blog, you can see some of the beautiful snowflakes she has tatted with them. Anyway, I went to my Hobby Lobby in search of them... no luck!

Carol decided to go hunting, and she hit pay dirt. Her Hobby Lobby just started carrying these jewelry components... yippee!

Now I need to go back to Sue's blog and look at those snowflake patterns again! Thanks for sharing your patterns, Sue!

Speaking of Tollway Tatters... we're meeting next Saturday, November 17. If you'd like to join us, please shoot me an email and I'll give you the details.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cross, lovely colour.
    I am waiting to see what you do with your doodads
    Hope you have a nice weekend.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! I had much fun with this doodad game - and I even got some new, celtic ones! I need to get playing with those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cross!!! :)
    Glad you have some Hobby Lobby "doodads"!
    I hope you enjoy the patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!