Friday, February 22, 2013

Caribbean Krzyz


Believe it or not, this is my fifth Krzyz! I do enjoy tatting this pattern from Tatted Treasures by Jan Stawasz. This time I used size 20 Lizbeth Caribbean #122.

I think it may be time to move on to another pattern. I made a major mistake on this one... I forgot the very first join, and I didn't notice it until I was almost finished with the cross! There was a time when I would have chucked the whole piece because of that missed join, but not this time. Instead, I did a little creative sewing. I figure if sewing picots together was good enough for tatters in the 1800s, it's good enough for me now!


Here are the five crosses together. I like each and every one of them! I think I should really get to work setting up a photography area... the Apple logo does detract from the beauty of the crosses!

11 comments:

  1. Those crosses are all awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I really like that pattern. I'm going to have to order that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all excellent, and the doodads very much enhance the design. Each version is very attractive! They would make very special gifts!

    ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Glad you could find a way to make the missing join. The crosses look so good all together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this thread.
    And all your crosses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful - I love your color choices. I hate it when I miss a join and have to fix it later. Again you reassure me that I am not the only one . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely crosses! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had a pattern ooops, and had to sew it together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all lovely. Job well done!!! Nobody will be able to tell if a picot is 'joined' or sewn.

    The blue green one is awesome - is that blue river glades by Lizbeth?

    As for photos - I just have pieces of cloth to put down + take photos. some backgrounds work better than others!!!!

    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the crosses - and fixing the mistake later. No one will ever know but you ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!