Friday, February 15, 2013

Do you remember?


Back when I first started blogging, many tatters were decorating jeans bags. I even joined in the fun, but I don't know where my jeans bag is now... probably some place really safe. ;-)

Anyway, this past summer I started thinking that it would be fun to decorate an Origami pouch with tatting. So I bought some fabric that I thought would be perfect for embellishing and started making bags. I worked on finishing them this week... better late than never! This one is my favorite. Did you notice that it's blue?

Now I need to figure out how I want to decorate it!


I'm making pretty good progress on my Pansy Spinning Wheel. I really like the way the colors flow, and I can hardly wait to finish it!

8 comments:

  1. I am not one for variegated thread but these colours really appeal to me! They suit the pattern.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did well to make the bag it looks like the one that I put on Gail's site quite a few years ago....I did machine embroidery on the two flaps on mine...I know it should have been tatting LOL
    Hugs
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH HA YES I totally remember!!! I was one who started on one but never ever finished...and now it's just so in the past it will never get done...so I've added the bits I had made back then to my crazy quilt stash and I still have a half tatted motif in my tatting bag. I have no idea why it just got abandoned mid-project but it did. I will probably end up throwing away that bit too it got all tangled up over the years. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you could use the pansy wheel to decorate the bag??

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good idea to decorate one of your origami bags. Have been wanting to make one myself, just need to find time and some fabric. I think your favourite motifs or small doily can go on it!

    The pansy colourway is sure coming out really nice. Cheerful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love variegated thread and those colours are beautiful and it's looking good so far.
    Lovely bag I am sure you will find some great designs for it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the blue in the pansy spinning wheel will look fantastic on your blue origami bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That spinning wheel mat look like it is going to be gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!