Thursday, August 8, 2013

Welcoming guests!

Today we had some very special guests at our Tollway Tatters meeting... my mom, my sister, and Tatting Marie!


Janet and Mom don't tat, but they did come spend about an hour with us. It was so nice to have them meet some of my tatting friends!


Mom and Marie chatted for a while, and since they both retired to the Deep South after living in the Midwest, I'm sure they have a lot in common.


Marie brought along some of her gorgeous tatting to show us. Apparently she loves Mary Konior's Spinning Wheel glass mat as much as I do!


Isn't this one of the most stunning doilies you've ever seen?


Marie had lots of tatted jewelry with her. Each and every piece inspires me!


I brought along my collection of Sulky threads, and Barb, Marie, and Marilee chose to wind off some of their favorite colors.


Marie spent time helping Marilee and Sue Anna learn Clunies. The picture I took with Sue Anna didn't turn out. It was dark and blurry... sorry girls!


Alison worked on a shrug she started to knit a couple of years ago.


Eva took knitting lessons from Great-grandma Green.


I was bold enough to ask a man to take a picture of us when he finished his lunch. Look at Marilee peeking at us between Janet and Sue Anna!


Marie gave each of us a colorful little bag with a tatted motif stitched onto it. Inside, we each found a bookmark with an explanation of the symbolism, a beautiful Cluny snowflake, and a sand dollar. She also gave us each a printout of the legend of the sand dollar. Right before Mom and Janet left, Marie had us each choose an egg with a tatted sand dollar attached. Inside was a piece of paper. All but one of us had a picture of a sand dollar inside. Alison had a blank piece of paper, which meant she won a special prize... a real sand dollar!

Thank you, Marie! Your generosity is astounding, and I know I can speak for all of us when I say it was a great joy to meet you and spend the day with you! I sincerely hope that you can join us again, and that maybe next time all of the Tollway Tatters will have the chance to meet you!

11 comments:

  1. Looks as though you had a wonderful day! How lucky you are to be able to meet like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look as if you are having a great time.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What a marvelous day! It looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun! I'm glad your mom & sister could join in the fun. What a great group to be a part of! Such beautiful tatting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really was a surprise to read that Tatting Marie was one of the special guests! I've been curious to know more about her ever since I saw that astounding photo of her huge Christmas tree on your blog! Obviously she is a prolific tatter, and it was great to see photos of more of her work! I would have asked her what she does with that tree the rest of the year! And how many ornaments are on it!

    This is an amazing group, and I'm so glad you live near enough to get together! It's also wonderful that your mother got to meet everyone!

    Our little group will be seeing each other again at the Vicary Mansion tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like another great get together. You all look like you're having fun! Thanks again for sharing your tatting day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, I am envious! No one here for me to tat with. I blame my internet addiction on that.

    Marie's tatting is lovely. You are generous and Marilee's expression on the cluny is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't ever imagine a group of tatters meeting in England like this in such a public area. When in the USA last year we met in a shopping mall on a Sunday and that still amazes me, just would not happen here.
    So I am really pleased you all get a chance to meet up, share ideas and see each others tatting. Those T.shirts are really cool too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you all had a fabulous time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!