Friday, November 1, 2013

Apparently, Smee knits!

The middle school production of Peter Pan is next weekend and daughter Carol, aka Madame Director, requested a last minute prop... knitting needles with some knitting attached. It's been a long time since I've seen Peter Pan, and I really don't remember Smee knitting, but since Carol asked, I complied!


I decided that if I was going to knit, I might as well start a real project. This is one of my favorite patterns, a Seafarer's Scarf from The Seaman's Church Institute. I like this pattern, because the center is a knit 4, purl 4 ribbing, which makes a nice thick layer around the back of the neck... great for keeping winter winds at bay!

Smee was greatly impressed. We'll see if the start of the scarf is still intact when the play is over next weekend!


I did manage to finish tatting round 5 of my doily (Doily 4 from Tatted Fashion by Teiko Fujito) this week. It's now 6 3/4 inches. I need to wind my shuttles for the next round. I'll be supervising kids at play practice tomorrow. It will be the perfect time to get some tatting done!

8 comments:

  1. The doily looks lovely. It's always encouraging when they lie so nice and flat.

    What a great colorway on the scarf. It should show up nicely from the stage. And lots of red in it-- you know what Karey always says, red is warmer! Hopefully all the stitches stay on the needles!

    I swear these captchas are like a video game. The more you successfully complete, the harder they make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both looking mighty fine, Matey!’

    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the weather cools down I find knitting and crocheting brings relaxation and warmth to my time sitting. Your scarf looks great. I always love your tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't count on the scarf surviving the experience! Looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colors in that scarf!! :)
    Very beautiful doily!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane! This is such a beautiful doily. I love the open daintiness of it, and that scarf sounds so cozy. I love how you're so involved with your kids theater productions. What a talented family you all are! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doily is looking beautiful what a gorgeous pattern.
    Lovely scarf, they should see it on the stage in those bright colours, I never knew Peter Pan had knitting in?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe that I remember Smee knitting on a Disney Peter Pan cartoon video my children has as they grew up.
    I hope your scarf arrives home safe and sound. Maybe this Smee will inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!