Monday, March 23, 2015

Button lady

Yup, I'm turning into a button lady! I sent about 55 buttons to ReChic Unique Boutique in Demotte, Indiana, and they all sold in two days. Rita contacted me and told me that she had purchased 39 of those buttons and wanted to know if I would make some exclusively for her. Let me say that I am easily swayed by flattery, and Rita made me feel like a super star! So, we struck a deal...


Today a box filled with thread and buttons arrived. The buttons look pretty bland in this little tub, but with a little thread...


they have new life! Rita has ideas for ways to use these buttons, and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with them. I'm not sure how many are in that little container, but I plan on working on ten a day. After all, I do need to have time to tat!


I've started on the next round of the Jan Stawasz Masterpiece. It looks like this round is going to take more attention to the pattern than I originally thought. The picots on the chains are not in an easily recognizable pattern repeat, at least not that I can tell at this point. I may stick with Renulek's doily for my evening tatting. I'm not sure I have the brain power to keep track of picots after a day at school!

8 comments:

  1. Button business can pay for your craft habits--at least partially.

    Everything looking great, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have enough to keep you out of any possible trouble. :)
    Great button flowers!!! :)
    Can't wait to see that beautiful doily when it's finished!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news - first to have the joy of working with buttons and then your creative skills sell. Well done Diane and your doily is looking great. You sure are getting so much satisfaction from your craft work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the button club. Love the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your button sales, look forward to seeing more on your buttons
    Your monster doily is looking lovely, it's a lot of work but it will be a master piece when you have finished
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very enterprising! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Button Lady! Well done. The doily is so big!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!