Sunday, May 17, 2015

Caribbean Spinning Wheel


I had another morning of riding in the truck with Dave to make plant deliveries, so I had plenty of time to work on my Spinning Wheel glass mat (Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior). Size 10 is not my favorite for tatting, but I've been using it for these Spinning Wheels so that they turn out larger. Since blue is my favorite color, I think I'll be keeping this one for myself!


I did spend time working on my Jan Stawasz Masterpiece. I'm about half way around. I didn't take a picture of it opened up, because I would have had to vacuum the carpet first, and I was just too busy tatting!


I also knit a little more on my shawl. Although blue is my favorite color, I find this beautiful Lemongrass color to be very soothing. I've been trying to complete one pattern repeat every time I sit down to knit, but I won't be able to keep that pace up for very long. The pattern repeat is ten rows!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely spinning wheel mat and Caribbean thread is one of my favorite blue thread.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your shawl, and the mat.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colour, the Caribbean, no wonder you want to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on all the items, love the yellow knitting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that glass mat!! :)
    Great work on that doily yet!! :)
    That is a beautiful color for the shawl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess the Stawasz' doily is getting very big. I have yet to start mine but will push till don't know when. My arms are aching from the quilting marathon for the book.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!