Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Lazy day

I was extremely lazy yesterday and as a result, I didn't accomplish much around the house. However, I did have fun!

One of my former students, Amanda, has opened a little flower and gift shop called The Still Room in Manteno, a little town about ten miles west of us. Her grand opening was Monday evening and the place was packed. I went back yesterday morning to explore a little more and purchase some of her wonderful hand-crafted soaps. It's so much fun to follow the paths students take, and Amanda is a very talented young lady. I wish her all the best in her new venture!


I finished Aidan's scarf. I'm sure he will like it, because it's so thick and soft!


I started a scarf for Eva, also using the Bernat Baby Blanket. I'm really enjoying exploring knitting patterns with Sequence Knitting. Yes, the patterns are mostly old, familiar ones, but the way they are presented makes so much more sense to me. I'm finding that knitting these scarves is very relaxing, because I understand the sequence of the pattern. Again, the book is probably not for everyone, but it is a wonderful book for me!


I'm happy to say that I am now 3/4 of the way around on row 9 of my Jan Stawasz Masterpiece! Despite my setbacks with this doily, I really am enjoying every minute I spend with it, but I really am feeling the urge to tat some smaller pieces!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful knitting and love that yarn it it soft and a little shop sounds like so much fun I home she does well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had my own florist shop, I wish her well, it's hard work but worth it,
    Your scarfs look lovely and the baby's wool looks so delicate and soft.
    I am pleased you are happier with the mat, I am sure it won't be long before your snowflakes start calling you
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that makes a craft easier to do or understand is always welcome! Those scarves look very snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scarves!! :)
    I am sure your doily is going to be awesome when finished!! :)
    Maybe some snowflakes are needed just a couple here and a couple there, or some small motifs with fancy colors to bring a touch of excitement into the tatting. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!