Sunday, August 16, 2015

Starting round 12


Starting round 12 has emphasized patterns within patterns to me. Doesn't this look like it could be a small doily in its own right? I didn't pay attention to how long it took me to tat this, as I picked it up and put it down several times today. Maybe I don't want to know! ;-)



We went to daughter Alison's house yesterday to help with her bathroom remodeling project. I delivered Eva's and Aidan's finished scarves. It's a little too warm for them right now, but they both loved them! The patterns are from Sequence Knitting by Cecilia Campochiaro. The pattern for Aidan's blue scarf is called Marlett. I was interested in the name, so I looked it up and learned that Marlett is a TrueType font that has been used in Microsoft Windows since Windows 95.

Lyden is the pattern name for Eva's white scarf. Curiosity got to me again, and I learned that Lyden is a town in South Africa. It's also the name of an oil company. I guess it's true that we learn something new every day!




While Dave was busy working in the bathroom, I worked on another dishcloth. I had read on someone's blog (I can't remember which blog) that she didn't like the eyelet edge on the dishcloths. So, instead of K2, yo, knit to the end, she follows K2, k in front and back of next stitch, knit to the end. On the decrease side she follows K2, K2 together, K to the end. It worked out well, and now I have an alternative way to knit my favorite dishcloth pattern!



I started another scarf from Sequence Knitting using Preciosa Tonal "Captain" from Knit Picks. So far, I really like this yarn. The pattern name is Enders... the meaning of Enders? I found a sci-fi book by that title, but I didn't do too much research. Maybe I'll look into it further later, but for now I think I'll just knit!

6 comments:

  1. How glorious to have 3 different stitchcraft projects displayed in the same post !
    I agree, that does look like one half of a potential doily/coaster :-)
    Love your work on all ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already plowing ahead with Round 12. I can't really fathom the 24" diameter (looks fabulous), nor can I imagine the endless tatting involved. I admire your stamina!

    I'm always amazed how the knitted potholder looks woven, That's a nice alternative edge.

    Love the blue yarn. I'm really out of the loop, so to speak, in keeping up with yarn brands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scarfs, and dish cloths,
    Your JS mat is looking lovely.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing names for the lovely scarves. I've been to Lydenburg. Yes, I bet there are a lot of smaller motifs contained in your doily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still loving that fantastic doily!!! :)
    Bet those scarves are going to be nice and snuggly warm!!! :)
    Nice dishcloth!
    Love that awesome blue on the new scarf!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see what you are working on and hope I can figure out round 12 numbers it looks confusing to me but I not there yet just trying to think ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!