Friday, August 14, 2015

The snipping point

Well, it's been a little over a month since I had to snip my Jan Stawasz Masterpiece. You can read about it here.


With only one more pattern repeat to go for rounds 10 and 11, I feel that I can relax!

Because of all the snipping on this doily, I felt the need to purchase new scissors. Actually, that's just an excuse. My mom helped me develop a love of scissors, and when I find a pair I like, I just have to have them!


I learned about these little beauties online. Was it a blog? Was it Facebook? I really can't remember. Can you see the little kangaroo in the scissors? That's what attracted me. Plus, how can one ignore the name Scissoroo? They're heavier than most of my embroidery scissors, but the blades have a fine enough tip to allow for very close snipping. I really like them!

8 comments:

  1. Knowing you, that will last repeat will be finished soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doily is coming along quite nicely:-) I love those scissors! I thought they were the ones that look like a crane but a closer look does show the kangaroo. From Australia, of course! Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire you for snipping and then getting back to the same point in such a short time! Cute scissors! Took me a moment to see the kangaroo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting so far so soon. Nice scissors, but KEEP THEM AWAY FROM DOILY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm standing in line at the grocery store and had to suppress a big cheer for you! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I saw first was a bird. But yes, those are beautiful scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something about that word "snipping" gives me the chills! Your doily is looking amazing, so keep those pretty new scissors away from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Now the motivation must be even higher :-)
    Glad you specified it was a kangaroo .... lovely .
    And I echo the sentiment voiced before me .. keep them away from this doily :-)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!