Saturday, April 9, 2016

Starting another project

The school drama club is putting on a community production of The Little Mermaid as a fundraiser in June. They're asking for donations for silent auctions and raffles. Last night I had a brilliant idea!


I was recently given some Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Pink, blue, and yellow are not colors I frequently use, but I got to thinking about mermaid tail afghans that I've seen. I looked on Ravelry and found a free pattern, and I didn't waste any time getting started. I hope some little girl falls in love with this pastel afghan.


Because I spent so much time on the afghan, I didn't get much tatting done today. However, knowing that I only have two spokes left gives me hope that I can finish it tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. I just know that afghan will be loved!!! :)
    And you will finish your glass mat without much problem!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the afghan looks very nice and I am sure someone will fall in love with this, may you are fast and tatting and afghan look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! The colours go well together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to go look for mermaid tail afghans to see what you are talking about. How perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe how quickly you crocheted this! Does the afghan just drape over the legs or is it like a tube? You may get more orders for these! Of course, when you retire, you'll have 'lots' of time to make lots more things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's a long way to go, Kathy! The bottom part is a tube, and the top can either be left open or stitched closed. I guess I'll wait until it's finished to decide whether to close it or not.

      Delete
    2. Kind of relieved to know it isn't finished yet! You're making good progress, though! (I see that you did say 'started')! I'm not always aware of trendy things 'out there'! Wonder who thought of the idea! I guess I missed this one partly because we have no young gals in the family at this point.

      Delete
  6. I'll have to check out the mermaid tail afghans as that's new to me. Yours looks nice in those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen the mermaid tails on facebook, great idea for a give away. And a good way to use yarns that are not really your cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!