Thursday, September 29, 2016

A sad day

For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, you may remember me mentioning my friend Denise. We met when our now 33-year-old daughters were in first grade. At that time we connected through a love of thread crochet and a desire to learn to tat.

Some of you may have met Denise through Georgia's Online Tatting Class (thank you for asking muskaan).

This morning my dear friend Denise lost her husband to cancer. Warren had been battling bone and prostate cancer for nearly five years. Their love and devotion to each other was truly inspirational. My heart aches for Denise and her daughter Nicole.

Rest in peace, Warren.

13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for their loss and, I imagine, yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad - but what a wonderful relationship they shared - and maybe poor Warren had just had enough. I think I remember reading about your friend Denise, didn't she win a prize or two in a tatting giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers to the Greatest Comforter of all to comfort and guide Denise, Nicole, and their friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sincere condolences in this time of sorrow. May their memories stay close by to comfort them and you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sincere condolences to Denise and her family,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, I am truly sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your loved ones. May the strength of happy memories always keep you in good spirits.
    Hope to see you in class again. (((Hugs)))

    Diane, thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to read of this loss. I connected with Denise when she test-tatted my patterns a while back.
    Condolences to her family and loved ones.
    I would feel that this is your loss too, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read this post, and I send my heartfelt condolences to Denise and her family. And to you, also, as I know your friendship is and will continue to be very special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sincere condolences to Denise, and to you as well. It is hard to watch someone we care about suffer a loss and grieve. You are a good friend to be there as she will need your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences to Denise and her family, and to you as well Diane.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!