Saturday, September 3, 2016

Time flies!

I've really let the last couple of days get away from me, and I don't mind a bit! I've canned tomatoes, baked cookies, made soup, and I subbed for the first time... yes, I subbed for a half day... in kindergarten. I've worked with kindergarteners for years, but only in 40 minute time slots. Let me tell you, 3 1/2 hours with 17 kindergarteners is a lot of fun, but terribly exhausting. I was so tired, I fell asleep in my chair by 6:30. Will I do it again? Absolutely!


I forgot to post a picture of my August tatting, so here it is.


And for my first September Spinning Wheel, I finished this little beauty in the Japanese size 80. I really am enjoying working with size 80.

I've started getting ready for Palmetto Tat Days. I am so excited to be going this year! I guess I'd better do some meal planning for Dave, otherwise I'm pretty sure he'll feed himself cereal, canned corn, canned soup, and canned stew... yuck!

7 comments:

  1. Todos los trabajos son maravillosos y bellos. Me alegro mucho de que estés disfrutando de tu jubilación.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful spinning wheel, and lovely August set of tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice August tatting! The spinning wheel looks great, and I hope you have fun at Tat Days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post reflects how much you are enjoying your retirement days. I see you smiling with incredible JOY. How very thoughtful of you to save hubby from those canned treats! Embracing Tatting Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - size 80 is very rewarding. Now, after tatting for so Renulek-long in Perle #8, which is really lovely this time around, I wonder how long it will take me to adjust back to the skinny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting that you'll be going to Palmetto! That's a real bonus of being retired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kindergarten fun!!! :)
    Great August tatting!!! :)
    Wonderful start for your Sept. spinning wheel glass mat challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!