Monday, October 31, 2016

Help!


I"m stuck with my Cubs Spinning Wheel. I know that I need to do something different with the center rings in order to make everything work correctly, but I just can't figure out what that something is. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you notice my new shuttle? I'm testing it for Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. This little beauty is decorated with French glass paint. I have no idea what that means, but I sure do like it!


In the meantime, I've been working on more Ice Drops. I tried using a Josephine chain as a hanger, but I don't like the way it looks. I think I'll replace it with a ribbon.


I really like the way the ribbon looks as a hanger.


I've worked my time down to 45 minutes. Who knows... maybe I'll get faster!


I've also started another Spinning Wheel, this time in size 80 Lizbeth #669, Poppy Red. As you can see, I'm using another of Rita Richmond's shuttles. I love the fairies!

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful shuttles and snowdrops!!! :)
    I think the ribbon works wonderfully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way I can see to make it work is to go back to your spinning wheel mat pattern. Use the stitch counts of those inner rings and do a circle of split rings instead (red for your C and then switching to blue. Once you close the circle of rings, you'll start the first chain going out from the center. You'll no longer tat an inner ring as you approach the center. The next ring of your split ring circle will be that ring. You'll just join your chain and start back out with the next chain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments are set off beautifully with the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you know I thought you were going to tat the "c" seperatly like you did and the as you were tatting the glass mat just attach the letter to picots that matched up. Of course that would just be an overlay but tatted in. Now other other way is puzzling and years ago I could not finish my glass mat all by itself let along adding a letter to it😦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok maybe as you met the red you could follow the chain on the red with your blue and travel out or up as normal.
      I love the little white flakes too

      Delete
    2. I did originally tat the c separately and just set it on top of the Spinning Wheel. I thought it would be fun to incorporate the c in the Spinning Wheel, but somehow I got lost in the process!

      Delete
  5. Ribbon works very well! I thought you were going to just put the red C on top of a normal spinningwheel. Hmm. Love those shuttles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ribbon looks good for the snowdrops, have you thought of doing a another ring at the top of the snowdrop so you can put it on a chain.
    I thought like Jane the "c" was going on top of the mat?
    Another spinning wheel love the colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I hadn't thought of that, Margaret. I'll have to figure out how I can do that. I think it could be an interesting way to go!

      Delete
  7. If the ribbon works use it. 45 minutes, that's a perfect time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am liking the ribbon, Bernice! It adds a nice extra touch, and it's easy to add!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful new shuttles. I really like your Snowdrop and agree the ribbon works best. Poor Cubs not doing well but your doily is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my new shuttles! Right now the Cubs are up 7-0 in game 6! Hope springs eternal!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!