Friday, October 21, 2016

Hemming

I took on the job of hemming seven pair of pants for the son of a friend of mine. It took much longer than I expected, but the job is done and I have a great feeling of accomplishment!

Daughter Carol came over after parent/teacher conferences today, and I helped her create a wolf costume for the play. Time was short, so I didn't get to take a picture. I'll try to remember to take one at the play next weekend.


After all that activity, I sat down to relax with my tatting. I love this Ocean Teal Med!

14 comments:

  1. Wow the teal look great, and I did hemming like that once for a dry cleaner and bought this plastic thing that helps you go over those large seams without breaking a needle. It really helped out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have a couple of those. I can't always find them when I need them, though!

      Delete
  2. That's a fabulous spinningwheel! You deserve tatting time after all that hemming and costume making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's nothing like a little tatting time for relaxation.

      Delete
  3. I hope he gave you 7 balls of thread as payment! That is a lot of work! My son-in-law relies on me to do his mending and hemming too, because my daughter - who has a beautiful sewing machine - steadfastly refused to learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'll have to suggest that! I really don't like hemming or mending, but sometimes I just can't say no.

      Delete
  4. You have as quick hands as the 2 Janes , and at a range of crafts :-))) Brilliant teal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how quick my hands are, but I do enjoy my many crafts. Luckily, Dave doesn't mind too much when he sees a dust bunny floating around the floor!

      Delete
  5. Gosh you achieved a lot yesterday,
    I love your spinning wheel and great colour,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! Yes, I did accomplish a lot. It almost felt like a full time job!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!