Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tuesday already?

I can't believe it's Tuesday, and I can't believe I forgot to post yesterday. I didn't really have anything to blog about. It was laundry day, and instead of tatting between loads, I worked on my sewing room. I'm really hoping to have it whipped in to shape before Thanksgiving. You wouldn't believe all the stuff I'm finding!


In an effort to use some of my supplies, I finished these squares on my 2" and 4" looms. Now I have to decide what to do with the squares. Anyone have any ideas?


My sewing students came today, and their first task was to choose threads. My friend Denise found a wonderful jar filled with sewing thread and thought of my girls. Wasn't that sweet of her? The girls took turns choosing spools of thread. I'm sure they'll make good use of them.


The girls finished up their fabric baskets and then learned to make pillow covers. I found some 8" pillow forms while cleaning out my sewing closet, giving the girls a fun sewing project. This is Nadia's pillow and fabric basket. Her proud mom is sitting next to her.


Bella loaded up her basket with her sewing notions.


Riley loved her pillow and basket! The pillows are plain right now. It's up to the girls to embellish them, and they had great fun coming up with ideas for decorating them.


As for my tatting, I have managed to start another Spinning Wheel glass mat. Again, I'm using size 80 Lizbeth. This is #664, Ocean Teal Med. The shuttle is a Sunlit shuttle from Handy Hands that I blinged a while back.

Tatting may have to go to the back burner for the rest of the week. I'm taking on alterations for nine costumes for the middle school production of Into the Woods. The first full dress rehearsal is Saturday, so I need to put in some serious sewing time!

7 comments:

  1. Your squares might make good coasters, and a small doily or trivet(?). :)
    That is so cool, all the girls making such neat projects!!! :)
    I think I like that ocean teal thread, I don't think I have seen it before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coasters was my first thought, too, but that is so obvious ?
    Lovely sewing by the girls and what a fun gift of threads, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly staying busy in your retirement and still impacting the lives of the young. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though the girls are benefiting from your tidying! Good luck with the alterations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so wonderful, I wonder if these girls have any idea what a gift this is. They will someday (that's teaching though). Do they bring their own (family's) machines? Or do you have extras? I bet you still finish a spinning wheel this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least your finds are going to good use and not being thrown into the bin, great pillows and sewing baskets, I look forward to seeing how they embellish them.
    Beautiful colour for a spinning wheel, dare I say I have started one, just felt like making one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sewing students are doing wonderful projects that look excellent. Love this Ocean Teal Spinning Wheel. Costumes or Bust...you are very brave dear lady. I feel confident you will meet your deadline.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!