Friday, January 20, 2017

I skipped a day

It's true. I skipped a day of tatting and blogging. I think we'll all survive! 😀


I received my newest shuttles from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. These are Moonlit Shuttles that Rita has decorated. Tatters had been asking Rita for shuttles with embedded crochet hooks, and since this is something she is not able to accomplish with her handmade shuttles, she chose to offer decorated Moonlits. I think they turned out great! These aren't all mine. The purple one on the bottom is my friend Denise's, but the other four are all mine!


Today I decided to try beach themed pony beads to decorate my newest Ice Drop. It looks okay, but I'm not thrilled with it.


I joined the beads with a long picot, not thinking about the fact that there would be two threads across the back instead of one. I probably will abandon the idea of using these beads in tatting unless I can figure out a way to make them work. If you know of anything that would work, please let me know!


My other experiment was with three seed beads instead of a picot at the center of each of the rings on the front. I was hoping the beads would enhance the crackled glass gem. I don't think it worked. I guess I'll just have to do some more experimenting!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful shuttles !!!
    could you place the sea beads on a long picot with a bead at the end to stop them from escaping ? I know it can be done, but you'll have to look up some tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beautiful shuttles!! :)
    Love the beach themed Ice Drop and I am sure some young girl will accept it willingly with excitement!! :)
    And I like the extra sparkle of the beads in the center, but maybe a different color would show more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, what Muskaan said. I don't like those threads across the beads but I do like the idea. Cute Shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't quite see how you've added those sea beads and haven't studied the pattern either but could you make a long beaded picot on the CORE thread, joining to it again later?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, some experiments work and some don't! Now you know. Very pretty shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shuttles,
    So many different ideas with the ice drops, a long picot and a bead on the end to keep the shell etc on, might work that way they would hang down from the ice drop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beach themed ice drop is cute, but I agree the threads in the back detract a bit. I'm sure you will figure out a way to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!