Monday, April 10, 2017

Cleaning day

I am not Suzy Homemaker. However, I do get a cleaning bug once in a while. Today I decided to clean glass gems. Yes, you read correctly, glass gems.

My collection has been sitting around the house in pretty glass dishes, and they were getting quite dusty. As I'm cleaning them, I'm putting them in Mason jars. I figure it's much faster to clean the top of a Mason jar than it is to wash and dry dishes of glass gems!

Of course, I didn't want to get too carried away, so I took some tatting breaks. 😇


Today's Ice Drops all have red glass gems and white thread.


The variation came with the number of picots and the colors of the ribbons.


The red is so cheerful, and I love the contrast with the white thread!

5 comments:

  1. Looking great!!! :)
    I am doing housework too, and I at least got a cross tatted this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your style...cleaning Ice Drop glass gems. And the time you will save cleaning only the mason jar tops will allow for more Tatting...very smart of you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I am not fond of housework but when the bug hits, look out! Lovely drops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red band white, my school colors! Look Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good idea. I have beads in a bowl, just so I can admire them, but they do get dusty. Love red and white icedrops!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!