Saturday, October 14, 2017

Tollway Tatters!

Save the date... October 21 Tollway Tatters will be meeting at the Hinsdale Oasis on 294 at 10 a.m. If you are in the Chicago area, we would love to have you join us! Look for tie-dyed t-shirts and tatting supplies. We try to sit between Starbucks and Panera Bread. Sue Anna said she's bringing a carful with her!

At the local level, yesterday was a snoozer! Thursday night I stayed up to watch the Cubs/Nationals game, which didn't end until 11:45. I usually hit the hay around 9, so I was up way past my bedtime. I managed to sleep in until almost 5:30 yesterday morning, and I did complete all my normal chores. However, I found myself taking several cat naps throughout the day. I guess I'm not the party animal I thought I was! ;-)


In between laundry loads, I managed to tat one more Ice Drop in size 20 Lizbeth Ocean Turquoise Dk. Have I told you that I love this color?


I made a little progress with my Curds and Whey piece (Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior). I have about 3" to go for my project. I hope to reveal it next week!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tatting as always!!! :)
    Sorry, I cannot make the Tollway Tatters this time. It's Richard's birthday and he has a ministry potluck that afternoon. I will surely miss you all again! Can't wait to see all the pictures of what I miss, and hopefully what projects are being worked on!!! :) Please tell everyone hello from me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ice drop
    The edging is looking lovely only three inches to go, well by now you possibly have done that, sorry for the late comment due to illness

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really pretty - love that thread... Lovely edging.

      Delete
  4. Diane, do you ever block the Ice Drops? I made one for a friend in size 80 (!) and it's a little crisp. I wonder if I gently block it if it wouldn't behave. I'm happy with how it turned out -- it's on behalf of her Christmas vacation going to Jamaica so it's in the colors of the Jamaican flag -- Black, Green, Red, and Yellow.

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes give them a shot of steam before doing the round that holds the glass gem, but I've never pinned them out and blocked them. I don't see why you couldn't. Your color scheme sounds like a great idea! Just think of all the things we could commemorate!

      Delete
  5. That, unfortunately, is where the simple part of the choosing ends. Follow the http://essay-writing.company/, if you need some special help.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!