Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A purple kind of day



I started off the day tatting Stars in Stars by Eliz Davis aka Tatknot. It's a simple pattern to follow, and I like the way Eliz chose to weave another star across the top.


I practiced this oya fan pattern again today. It's looking better, but it's not nearly as nice as the one in the video.


I am happy with my improvement! Maybe the next time I'll have enough thread to finish the motif!


It was snowing this morning, so I was inspired to tat a snowflake. This one is "Alison" from...


Twenty to Make, Tatted Snowflakes by Jennifer Williams. This looked like one that could be adapted for an Ice Drop, so I gave it a whirl.


I think it turned out pretty nicely!


I suppose it would look better if I did front side/back side tatting, but I don't want to work that hard, and the technique confuses me.

I'm not sure I'd be able to explain how I tatted this, but I will try again. I messed up on some of the rings with picots. I can see the rings that are incorrect, but I'm sure it wouldn't be noticeable to non-tatters.

Yes, it's been a purple kind of day. I wonder which color I'll choose to use tomorrow? ๐Ÿ˜€

8 comments:

  1. It does seem that many snowflake patterns can be adapted to have 'ice drop centers', thanks to your basic ice drop design. You really made a great contribution to the tatting world with this innovation!

    On this one you worked out the stitch counts just fine. Looks good to me!
    A classic trefoil pattern!

    I wouldn't worry about front-side/back side. One really needs a magnifying glass to see it!

    It's interesting to follow along with your Oya experiments! Not sure I have the patience and it seems one has to 'judge' the spacing - something I'm not confident about! But the effects are attractive.

    Eliz's 5-point double star also looks natural as an ice drop! Nice of her to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of front-side/back side tatting either, can't see the point, I agree with Kathy. Lovely ice drops in purple. Your purple oya does look better than the white, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all the white I am sure you needed the purple!! They all look great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see your beautiful work. I hope to try the ice drop pattern, it really looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is very beautiful and i love that purple I need to order more๐Ÿ’Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful purple day. I love everything, oya, tatting and the shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your oya trial is looking good already!
    Nice change of colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read your posts I missed and what a lovely visit you had with your Mom in Alabama. Love the Oya (?) Tattinng and Laceworks. How wonderful to have your four daughters and Grandchildren home for Christmas. Beautiful new shuttles for your amazing tatting skills. The Mantle Runner is Spectcular! Blessings for 2018 Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!