Saturday, January 6, 2018

Adapting

After a couple of false starts, I managed to turn "Auriel" from Twenty to Make, Tatted Snowflakes by Jennifer Williams into an Ice Drop!


I think round 1 makes a pretty Ice Drop by itself, so I may tat this again.


The hard part was figuring out how to keep the glass gem from falling out the back. I don't know why it took me so long to think of joining the chains after 3 ds.


I love the way this turned out.


I find that I'm getting more and more ideas for Ice Drops. Will this addiction ever end? I hope not ...at least not for a while!

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is great, your drops keep morphing into fantastic things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see your thought processes here. And also amazing to see how quickly you tat these examples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic ! Looking forward to tatting this....
    Incidentally, almost any medallion pattern with an enclosed center can be adapted by having a gem fill in the negative space.
    I love the creativity your ice drop has generated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that turned out wonderfully! I like the first round too, it could definitely stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! I really like "Auriel" and love how you are transforming snowflakes into ice drops. The new shuttle by Frivole is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way this snowflake has turned into an ice drop well done, it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!