Friday, January 12, 2018

Befuddled by beads

"Mary" from Twenty to Make Tatted Snowflakes by Jennifer Williams is a beautiful beaded snowflake.  I was really looking forward to tatting it, but I kept making mistakes, forgetting to add beads in the appropriate places.

The pattern is really very simple, so I decided to tat it without the beads to see how the pattern flows.


Now that I have the pattern down pat, I think I can successfully add the beads. I think it makes a great Ice Drop, too!

The shuttle is one of my favorites from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design.

6 comments:

  1. I am sure you will get it the minute you make it again. My book might arrive tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you like it, Grace! I really am enjoying all of the patterns. I've only skipped one, because I don't know where my sequins are right now. I think I'll reload my shuttles tonight!

      Delete
  2. This is lovely ill have to check out the book ❄❄❄❄❄

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book does seem to have lovely patterns !
    This snowflake reminds me of one of your own ice drop patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Snowflake you have tatted and made into an Ice Drop. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea to get the hang of the pattern before adding the beads. Especially as it's still very pretty, without beads.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!