Friday, January 5, 2018

Design day

I'm going to be teaching at Tatting Corner's Tat Days in July, so I've been busy designing a new Ice Drop! I worked on an idea on the way to and from Alabama, and I spent this morning working on the pattern. Designing and writing up a pattern takes a long time!

I won't be showing my design until after Tat Days. It will make the anticipation more fun!


I did take time to tat two Ice Drops today. This one is in Karey Solomon's hand-dyed thread, Distant Mountains. I do love this color!


My friend Mary Lou loves purple and green, so I thought of her as I was tatting this one.

I have an idea for adapting another of Jennifer Williams' designs as an Ice Drop. I sure hope I have time to try it out this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, I can't wait to see your new design!!!! I am sure it's awesome!!! :)
    Fabulous Ice Drops!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is very exciting. I know you will do a great job. I can't wait to see your new design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exciting! Good luck. I look forward to seeing your design after Tat Days. And enjoying your adaptations in the meantime. These are splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another deign! You are so talented, I’m in awe. Love that Distant mountains color and the shuttle with the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drops are wonderful and your trip sounds exciting, any will be proud to be taught by ice drop lady😄❄😄

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!