Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Playing around


I do enjoy tatting the basic Ice Drop pattern, because it can be completed so quickly. I usually can finish one in about an hour. I wanted to do a little something more, but I wasn't in the mood to follow a pattern. So, I played with chain length and number of picots. This one is tatted in Lizbeth #648, Pearl Blush. The outer chains have seven picots, and the inner chains have five picots.


While I liked the way the Pearl Blush Ice Drop turned out, I wanted the picots to be more defined. So, I increased the outer chains to nine picots and left the inner picots at five. I do like the way this one turned out. The thread is Lizbeth #189, Pink Ice.

I'm pleased that I was able to tat two Ice Drops today. I'm subbing every day this week, and I'm scheduled to sub Tuesday and Wednesday next week. It's almost like working full time!

4 comments:

  1. Love these basic ice drops - I’m too lazy to fiddle around with changing patterns. I just want to follow a pattern and not think any further! I’m really loving these pastel color threads too - a nice change from the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much for retirement, you’re busier than ever! Such delicate colours, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!