Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Liz Metallic Gold Dust


Have you guessed that I'm trying out all of my new metallic threads? Since I'm multi-crafting these days, an Ice Drop a day is a great way to keep tatting on my mind!


I'm sticking with the basic Ice Drop pattern for these tests. I do love Gold Dust! The shuttle is another of my beauties from LaCossette. She has a beautiful Red Glass Tiles shuttle in her shop, but I'll have to pay all my bills at the first of the month before ordering another shuttle. I'm trying to be good! 😉


I made pretty good progress on round 8 of Renulek's Wiosna 2018. It's all about setting goals for myself!


I didn't spend as much time on the phone today, and my rounds are getting longer, so it doesn't look like I made much progress on my Granny Square afghan. I'm using Lion Brand Mandala. It's kind of nice to have color changes without having to change yarns!


Today I learned how to use my mini warping reel from The Woolery. It's about time! I've had this for a couple of years. The design of the ones available now are slightly different. I've only used warping pegs before today, and I'm so glad Mom kept encouraging me to try my warping reel. It's so fast!

I've put the warp on the loom, but it's not threaded through the heddles yet. For some reason, I had a terrible time understanding how to use the reel and how to put the warp on the loom. I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out both, but it took a morning and an afternoon call to Mom to finally put two and two together. I'm afraid of messing up because I'm brain weary from all the thinking I've done today. So, threading the loom will have to wait until morning when I'm sure my brain fog will have cleared!

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you are showing these beautiful new colors I wanted to see more and a drop for every one I am looking forward too. You did make great progress on the doily and wow that looks confusing to construct, now you rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to see all the things you are working on!! It's almost like Christmas morning! Looks like fabulous work on everything!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold dust looks special. The warping process is what put me off weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have amazing goals and accomplishments, Diane! I hope to see your metallic Ice Drops in person someday!
    For sure you'll have all those heddles on your loom threaded in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This metallic thread looks beautiful so far I have not found it on the UK sites, even the one I was told sold lizbeth thread cheaper.
    I look forward to seeing you using the loom, I have no idea how it works so hopefully when you get it working you can explain a bit more,

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!