Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Internet down

We lost our Internet connection mid-afternoon yesterday, which proved to be very inconvenient for Dave. He had a lot of work to do last night, and he could only get access on his phone. It's still slow this morning, but at least there's a connection. Sometimes technology baffles me!


I only managed to tat one Ice Drop yesterday.


I spent the day washing, drying, ironing, and folding fabric... after making a new tablecloth for our dining room table.

I had planned on finishing the curtains for the treehouse yesterday, but as soon as I started pressing the fabric for the tablecloth, I started getting a gummy buildup on my iron again. I talked it over with Mom, and we decided that there must be something in the sizing that's put on the fabric that gets gunky with heat.

Mom had always taught me to pre-wash my fabric, but I had bought into what I was told... the newer fabrics don't need pre-washing. Hmmm. I still have quite a bit of fabric to iron and fold, and I have no buildup on my iron. I think I'll be taking the extra time to pre-wash my fabric from now on!

6 comments:

  1. That’s interesting. I’m not very good about prewashing fabric, but I think it probably is the best thing to do. Our internet connection was off this morning too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also heard advice like your mother gave you, to prewash fabrics and also newly bought clothes. After ruining one of my husband's pairs of pants with the iron, I always put a sheet of linen on top of the item I want to iron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was taught that in school, it also helps the sewing machine and prevent it from skipping a stitch too❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard that one before but makes sense, I always wash new clothes before wearing, after all you don't where they have been or who handled them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!