Saturday, May 12, 2018

To frill or not to frill, that is the question!

Yesterday I subbed for middle school language arts. With the school year winding down, the students were busy finishing up reading and writing projects, which meant mainly supervision on my part.


Is this a pattern I've tatted before? I don't know, and I'm too lazy to compare it to my patterns to see! These are both the same pattern. I tatted the one on the right first. The only difference is that the second one is loaded with picots! So, which is your choice... frilled or unfrilled?


I've been asked how many Ice Drops I've tatted by several people.


The answer is, I honestly don't know!


Since the weather's getting warmer, my house will be dustier. I love leaving the windows open in the summer, but we do get a lot of dust... just one of the joys of farm life!


So, I decided to pack away my Ice Drops for the summer.


There are 139 Ice Drops in this little box.


I know I've given away at least 300, so that gives you an idea of how addicted I am to these little bits of tatting joy!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, so many ice drops! You have definitely been busy. They are all very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the ice drops, to frilly and without, they are both gorgeous
    I know you are the queen of the ice drops, I am sure you have under counted there must be more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we bough to the queen 😃 they are all very beautiful ❤🌹❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous collection of ice drops. Diane do you ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm in bed by 9 every night, but I do get up by 5.

      Delete
  5. Being a night owl, I can't imagine going to bed at 9, but I do admire your ability to do so! You also set goals each day, which I try to do, but in my 'old age' I can't seem to get through the list.

    And I wouldn't doubt that you have tatted at least 1,000 ice drops!

    I'm amazed that 'graduation' season is here!
    It's nice you're still involved with the kids, with less stress.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!