Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Ashley Snowflake


Today's tatting tried my patience! First I had two failed attempts at tatting split rings to climb out of the first round. I tried two different methods and after neither one worked for me, I chose to cut, tie, and hide my ends and go on to the next round.


"Ashley" from Teeny Tatted Snowflakes by Samantha Melnychuk looks pretty good here, but don't look too closely. I didn't know it was possible to mess up as many times as I did with this little snowflake. Except for the split ring part, I think it will be easy to tat this one again as an Ice Drop.

Yes, I will attempt the split ring again tomorrow. I am not going to give up! The split ring itself isn't what gives me fits. The problem comes when I try to join or add a picot on the second half of the split ring. It does me in every time!

My sister Janet came to visit with her grandchildren today. We had a great time! The best part for me was watching four little girls go through my button and glass gem stash to fill little organza bags with goodies. The funny thing is, they had bags of treasure and my stash doesn't look the least bit depleted!

5 comments:

  1. Well, it looks good. What fun to go to great aunt's house and choose treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely snowflake, I don't know why you are having trouble with split rings but when I taught them to my granddaughter, I told her the first half do as a ring and the second half work as if it a chain, I don't know if that helps you.
    I wish I had had an aunt like you that I could have gone and raided her craft trash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this as well as the previous posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great looking snowflake!!! :)
    I have terribly trouble adding picots to the second half of a split ring, or joining. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!