Monday, June 25, 2018

Crochet day


There was a beautiful breeze all day today, and the temperature was right around 80° for most of the day. It was the perfect day to sit and crochet on the front porch, so that's what I did! I made good progress on my grandson's granny square afghan. This will be his Christmas present. When I finish this, I'll have three Christmas presents done!


I am thrilled with my newest shuttles from Grizzly Mountain Arts! Dave made this shuttle and Jo painted it. It's as smooth as silk and wonderful to hold.


Not too long ago, Dave had a thistle shuttle listed. I missed out on it, but I was lucky enough to get this one. I love the way one leaf is folded down!

I would be thrilled to meet this talented couple, but that's not likely. I guess I'll just have to be happy with collecting their wonderful works of art!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those shuttles really are art works. I see you don’t need to join with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago I decided I was tired of joining. I made two worsted weight granny squares that I really liked. My two younger daughters stole them! I do get to see them once in a while. :-)

      Delete
  2. Even though I don't tat I was tempted to buy the thistle shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would enjoy collecting shuttles even if I never used them! Luckily, I love to tat!

      Delete
  3. I have one of the shuttles that Jo painted--I love it. Very nice to tat with. How about the shuttles he makes with the pick on them? Do you like to tat with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo and Dave are both incredibly talented. I like shuttles with a pick on them, but I tend to use shuttles without a pick more often than not. Yes, I do like tatting with the shuttles with a pick that Dave makes!

      Delete
  4. That afghan is looking great!! :)
    Wonderful shuttles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janko watched me work on it a little today, and he loved telling me the colors. I think he will be pleased with his Christmas present!

      Delete
  5. Great work on afghan and they are beautiful shuttles, who dosen't like thistles🌿🌿🌿💜🌿🌿🌿

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!