Saturday, June 23, 2018

More Itty Bitty Zoo critters

Yesterday was another one of those days that just flew by. I had planned to spend time practicing split rings, following some tips from my dear friend Stephanie. It never happened.

If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that Friday is laundry day. It's a habit I developed years ago after having a conversation with one of my colleagues (who was also a former student). We were discussing how it was so easy to feel like we worked seven days a week between teaching and mother/wife duties. Penny told me that she had started doing her laundry when she got up on Friday morning. She would wash and dry as many loads as she could before leaving for school, and then finish up when she got home. No matter how late she had to stay up, she finished her laundry on Friday, leaving her weekend free for family activities. I decided to try Penny's idea, and it worked so well for me, I've kept it up in retirement.

I usually set goals for accomplishing things between laundry loads. Sometimes they're housework goals, and sometimes they're craft related. Yesterday was fun with grandchildren! Lucky me... they're staying for one more week! Joanne's husband has had to travel for work, so rather than stay home alone, they've stayed home with me. Dave and I are thoroughly enjoying having them around!


During the kids' nap time yesterday, I went to visit Denise for her birthday. Of course we talked tatting!

In the afternoon, I managed to test tat two more little critters from Wally Sosa's upcoming book, Itty Bitty Zoo. Janko chose the colors for the dog, and Kara chose the colors for the fish. I think they both chose well!


5 comments:

  1. Your zoo is growing wonderfully! I do laundry on Thursday because Friday is gardening day and my washing gets wet when the tank overflows. I think it’s a good idea to keep weekends free from chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ice drops, the zoo is growing, can't wait for the book.
    I do my laundry on Mondays and housework is Friday's'. So the house is clean for the weekend. We are all different around the world, good job it would be a boring world if we were the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to diversify ice drops into other realms -- going to be a fun book !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely cannot set schedules like that! I admire those who can! I could never do any household chores in the morning before heading out to work! I was lucky just to get dressed and out the door! With no children, I could get away with not having schedules. Needless to say, I was always scrambling to get housework done (and still do), especially if company is coming!

    Very cute zoo animals! I'm sure the kids will want those, especially! Wally definitely comes up with unique ideas and has embraced your ice drop idea in a very clever way! You're doing a great job with her patterns! I'm sure your grandkids think you are the coolest grandma on the planet!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!