Thursday, June 14, 2018

Skipping Wednesday's post

We had so much fun yesterday! Denise came over to visit in the morning and brought along birthday presents for me. My birthday is on Saturday, but Denise's volunteer schedule is super busy and she knew she wouldn't get to come over on Saturday.


Denise loves to give themed gifts, and this year she chose lavender... lavender sachets, lavender soap, a lavender candle... I love lavender! While attending a farmers' market, she found bits of antique lace presented in different ways. The one she chose for me is rolled on to a clothes pin and tied with a bit of ribbon. It's beautiful! She also gave me a skein of hand-dyed yarn that she purchased when she was visiting family in Oregon in January. She chose this color for me because of an eclipse t-shirt I purchased for last year's solar eclipse. The total eclipse was most dramatic in southern Illinois, but I still celebrated! Did you notice the pink tissue paper? Denise is my pink friend. We don't always exchange gifts, but when we do, the gifts are always something special. Denise spoils me!

The kids were very excited to show Denise the chickens. Luckily, Denise is really in to chickens! After a nice visit, Joanne and the kids took a nap and I took the opportunity to read. What a lovely way to relax! When the kids woke up, we decided to be totally decadent and have an ice cream lunch. We went to Buddy's drive-in in Beecher. It was sunny, warm, and breezy... the perfect day to be outside. The kids loved playing on the slide and swings.


I'm way behind in my Ice Drop count. It looks like June is going to be a bust for tatting Ice Drops!

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous set of birthday gifts!! Happy Birthday early!! :)
    Oooh, an ice cream lunch is my style!!
    Fabulous Ice Drop!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun day with gifts AND ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day, ice cream, gifts and an ice drop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gifts were perfect and I like the theme idea for gifts, I will have to try that😃 I love that orange crush and it makes such a lovely drop🧡🍃🍊🍃🧡

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, registration is open. Are you two going to Tat Days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. It won't work out for me this year. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend next year.

      Delete
  6. In time to wish you a very happy birthday, Diane 🍹🍰🍬 (sorry, couldn't find blue cherries or icing on the cake ;-P)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!