Monday, July 23, 2018

Fumble fingers


Today was one of those days when I just couldn't get my fingers to do what I wanted them to do. It took me all morning to tat one Masquerade motif. I'd get the thread all tangled up, create knots, undo the knots, untangle the thread... all very frustrating!


So, after lunch I decided to sew instead. I finished four more Origami pouches. I said before that I planned on returning to the Quiltsalott tutorial that I've used for years, but I really liked the idea of completing the bag on my machine with no hand stitching. I made a few bags following a tutorial I found from Harujion Design, but it didn't go together quite the way I wanted it to.

After making a few bags, I realized that I was sewing too deep a seam for the boxing of the bottom. I adjusted that, and I liked the shape of the bag much better! Now I have six bags completed, one of which suits me just fine. I may keep it for myself!
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. The advantage of having more than one project on the go. I’m sure your tatting fingers will soon be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! My fingers can't keep up with my brain as it is!

      Delete
  2. Love these little babies๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always many ways to 'skin a rabbit' or make bags!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I have this one the way I like it, I'm on a roll!

      Delete
  4. That doily is going to be loved!! :)
    Wonderful bags!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to be having one of those fumbling fingers mornings today. I have one of the Origami bags that I use for my tatting... Love it. Your fabric choices a pretty. I think I need another bag...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never have too many shuttles....or too many project bags. Yours are beautiful.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! I agree about the shuttles and project bags!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!