Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Helping Mom


Mom is working on table decorations for the dining room for her retirement village. Yes, she's working ahead and making Christmas trees. She came up with the idea of using spool pin doilies as tree skirts. Isn't that a great idea?


Mom is weaving the squares and putting the decorations together, and I'm helping her out by crocheting the spool pin doilies for her. I finished the first five today... only 45 to go!


I must not be concentrating while tatting. I had to tat the lavender motif two times. Luckily, I have enough thread!

I started putting together the things I want to take with me to the Twin Cities Tatters retreat next week. I have so many works in progress, it's difficult to choose. Right now I'm organizing the projects I have and then I'll be able to decide which ones to take with me.


My day wouldn't be complete without an Ice Drop! I had just enough thread left on the shuttle from yesterday's Ice Drop. I thought you might like to see the back of the shuttle decorated by Sarah. I love it!

7 comments:

  1. With so many to make, it's a good thing to start early. I thought it was a gnome with a red hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Christmas tree decoration!! :)
    Great spool pin doilies!!! :)
    Your doily and Ice Drop are wonderful as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violets are one of my favorite flowers! There's just a sweet whimsy about them I appreciate.

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!